Baked Provolone with Tomatoes & Balsamic
- Difficuly Facile
- Preparation 10 min
- Coooking 5 min
- Measures for 4
- Cost Basso
- 4 provolone cheese
- 1 medium tomato
- 1 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh marjoram or oregano
- salt and black pepper
- 1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and heat the oven to 450°F.
- Arrange four 5- to 6-inch individual shallow gratin dishes on a rimmed baking sheet. Put 1 round of provolone in each dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the tomato, garlic, oil, marjoram, 1/4 tsp. salt, and a few grinds of pepper.
- Divide the tomato mixture among the four gratin dishes, scattering it over and around the cheese.
- Bake until the cheese is slightly melted, about 5 minutes.
- Drizzle each serving with 1/4 tsp. of the balsamic vinegar and serve immediately.